Last updated: September 7th, 2023
We may provide additional privacy notices to you at the time we collect your data. This type of an “in-time” notice will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time.
California residents, please see section 8 for more information on Your California Privacy Rights. Mainland China residents, please see section 9 for more information on Your Privacy Rights.
California residents may click please see section 8 for Your California Privacy Rights
1. Information We Collect
We may obtain information about you in a variety of ways, including through your use of our Services, when you email or otherwise communicate with us (including through social media), or when you participate in events or other promotions.
Categories of personal information we collect, which may vary based on the Service being used:
A real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
Name, Email address and username. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other similar network activity
Information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. See Information collected by Automated Means below for further details.
Physical location or movements (inferred from your IP Address).
Audio Recordings (for translation purposes), Images (Avatars added to your account or images taken for translation purposes).
2. Sources of Information and Purposes of Use
Some of this information you provide to us and some we collect when you use our Services. We also may obtain information about you (including personal information) from our business partners, such as vendors, and others. You may choose not to provide some or all of your personal information to us but doing so may prevent us from providing our Services to you or limit our ability to provide you with the level of service that you would otherwise expect from us.
Information collected from you
The following are examples of the types of information you choose to give us when using our services:
- Feedback: From time to time, we may request your opinions, suggestions, or modification and improvement ideas (“Feedback”) through surveys, or other similar requests. Any responses you provide are voluntary, however you agree that any Feedback you provide shall be owned by us and may be used by us in our sole discretion.
- Name: If we collect your name, we may use it to personalize your user experience.
- Email Address: We use your email address to communicate with you about Service related issues with your use of our products and Services, responding to requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions and updating you with information about your account.
- Username and/or password: When you create an account, you provide us with your login credentials, such as email address, username, and password. We use this information to facilitate your access to our website or mobile application and validate your login for your security.
- Photos: If you consent, we may collect your photos (for instance, if you want to create an avatar on your profile).
- Camera/Microphone: To use certain features in our Services, you may allow us to access your camera or the microphone. Depending on your device, the Apple or Android operating system will ask for your permission before allowing us to access these features.
- Transcripts: Your transcripts are stored locally on your device, whether you create them in offline or online mode.
- Support: If you contact our support team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction to assist us in dealing with your request and providing you feedback.
- Purchases: In the event you purchase products or Services directly from us, we, or a third party on our behalf, may collect the billing information you provide us as well as payment card and other payment information, solely as required to process payment or send you invoices for such purchase. If you pay for Services directly through our website, you authorize us to have our payment processor collect this information.
Information collected by automated means (“Automated Information”)
Automated Information includes information such as:
- IP address
- Operating system used (for example: iOS)
- Device Information
- Time zone
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
- Dates and times of access
- AdvertisingID (such as Google’s AdvertisingID and Apple’s IDFA)
- Adjust ID (this identifier lets us know where our users found our Services online, record user app events and optimize our advertising efforts)
- Subscription information
This Automated Information is generally used for the following purposes:
- for the technical provision of our Services in order to be able to provide you with a functioning user-friendly experience.
- to provide you with a secure experience and to take measures to protect our website and mobile applications from cyber risks.
- to uncover insights about your use of our website and mobile applications in order to improve our Services and features, including developing new products and features.
- to facilitate your access to our website or mobile application.
- to customize our Services for you.
- to help us better understand our current and potential customers so that we may market our Services accordingly.
- events and usage data is captured for our internal business analytics in order to understand how our users interact with our mobile applications and use our services. For example, we may capture when a user visits a screen, taps a button, permits notifications, upgrades, or otherwise interacts with the app.
- Monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of our communications (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
- Serving relevant advertising (where applicable)
Information collected from integrated services.
We may obtain information, including personal information from third parties and sources that we integrate into our Services either for the provision of our services or to facilitate your access to our Services such as described below.
We may send you marketing emails to tell you about our products (including promotions, offers, discounts and new features), and about products of our affiliates. Where we require your consent to send you marketing emails, we will ask for and keep a record of your consent. We will also provide you with an easy way to opt-out of receiving future marketing emails at any time.
In our marketing emails to you, we may use pixel tags to help us learn how to improve our email delivery and engagement. Data collected in this way is used for aggregated analytics and may include the browser and email clients you use, coarse location derived from your IP address and details about how you engage with the email (eg, whether or not the email was read or forwarded).
3. How We May Use Your Personal Information
In addition to the purposes described above, we may use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, such as the following:
- Performing Our Services
- Maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, operating our website and mobile applications; processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying user information, processing payments.
- Communicating about the products and Services we offer, and responding to requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions.
- Typeright Dictionary
- In order to ensure we provide you with the best Typeright experience, the words you add to your Typeright Dictionary will be available in your Typeright account across all your platforms (eg, iOS, Android or web extension) so that your predictive preferences are readily available to you. The Typeright dictionary is part of the Typeright app (and part of the account). You can add any word you want into your Typeright dictionary which is available across any platform you use Typeright.
- Internal Research
- Understanding and evaluating how our Services and features perform with our users.
- Uncovering insights about usage in order to improve the Services and provide customers with enhanced features as well as inform our development of new features and products.
- Development of customized or personalized experiences of our Services, such as remembering your information, so you do not have to re-enter it each time you use one of our Services.
- Auditing Interactions with Consumers
- Measuring usage of our websites and mobile applications.
- Measuring our marketing activity (e.g., measuring how a user was acquired).
- To provide you with a secure experience and to take measures to protect our website and mobile applications from cyber risks.
- Protecting against, identifying, investigating, preventing, and responding to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the Services we provide.
- Identification and repair of impairments to intended, existing functionality of our Services.
- Understanding our customer in order to more effectively market our Services.
- Serving relevant advertisements, if applicable
- Quality and Safety Maintenance and Verification
- Activities related to improving the quality of the Services we provide, including upgrade or enhancement of the Services
- Verification or maintenance of the quality or safety of Services
- Tracking and responding to quality and safety matters.
- Protecting our rights and property.
- Complying with legal or regulatory requirements, judicial process, industry standards and our company policies, please see our
Terms of Service.
- Other purposes that may be described at the time you choose to provide personal information to us.
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both personal information and Automated Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources. We may also aggregate and/or de-identify any information that we collect, such that the information no longer identifies any specific individual. We may use, disclose and otherwise process such information for our own legitimate business purposes – including historical and statistical analysis and business planning – without restriction.
4. How We May Share Information about You with Others
iTranslate is part of the IAC Group family of businesses. We may share your information with other parts of IAC for legitimate business purposes, including:
- to assist us in technical processing operations, such as data hosting and maintenance, finance, legal and accounting assistance, securing our data and systems and fighting against spam, abuse, fraud, infringement and other wrongdoings; and
- for corporate audit, analysis and consolidated reporting as well as compliance with applicable laws.
Third Party Service Providers
We may share information about you with the following categories of third-party providers for a variety of business purposes:
- Customer Communications and Insights Platforms. We may share email, app usage and interactions with our third-party customer communications platform provider for the following business purposes: performing services that allow us to communicate with you and administer your account as well as track your usage for our internal analytics.
- Internal Business Insights Platforms. Our third-party internal business analytics platform provides us with the tools to help us understand app usage and interactions and uncover insights that allow us to improve our product and features. We may share or make available unique user identifiers, IDFA, device id, IP address and app usage and events (such as when you subscribed to our services) with these providers for the following business purposes: performing services that allow us to (i) monitor and understand usage in order to enhance existing Services or develop new products and features and (ii) better understand our customers in order to market our products more effectively.
- Measurement and Attribution. These service providers offer tools that allow us to measure and attribute the source of new subscription sign ups and that allow us to uncover insights about usage and app events. We may use unique user identifiers made available to us from these third party providers to help us measure the effectiveness of our ads (e.g., where and how a user is acquired) and to uncover information about how our customers are using our apps in order to improve their quality and safety.
- Other technology providers necessary to provide our services (including cloud storage and web hosting providers). We may make certain Automated Information and/or aggregate or non-personally identifiable information available for various purposes including monitoring network traffic to detect malicious actors and to protect against malware, fraud or other unlawful uses or activity.
- Payment processors. If you purchase our services outside of the Apple, Google or Huawei stores, we will process your payment through our third-party provider. When you pay in this manner, you authorize and direct us to process your payment through our payment processor. An example of this is our payment partner, Stripe (https://stripe.com). Please note we will share certain information such as your email address with our payment processor to facilitate the provision of receipts to you from the payment processor and to address any issues that may arise with your payment.
Legal, Regulatory, Compliance and Similar Reasons
In addition, we may disclose and/or share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements (including to comply with a court order, judicial subpoena or other subpoena or warrant), industry standards, judicial process, and our company policies, as well as to protect against, identify, investigate, prevent and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), adverse event reporting, and claims and other liabilities.
We also reserve the right to disclose your information (i) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability, (ii) to protect our rights or property or the legal and property rights of others and (iii) investigate and defend third party claims or allegations against us.
5. Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, our sites do not currently process or respond to "do-not-track" (DNT) settings in your web browser. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
Certain third parties, such as ad networks, web analytics companies and social media and networking platforms, collect information about your online activities over time and across websites. These third parties may not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings. Information about how to opt out from your data being used by third parties can be found above under " Information collected by automated means."
6. Social Media
If you choose to communicate with us or another user through social features available on our websites or mobile applications or through our social media pages, or other similar communication or messaging features or services, such information may be made publicly available. For security purposes, please do not include any password, social security number, payment card or other sensitive information via these features. We have the right, but not the obligation to monitor messages and communications between and among users for security and training purposes. We may, but are not obligated to, remove any content we deem inappropriate.
7. Information for Individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA)
Your Choices and Rights.
As a resident of the EEA, you may have some or all of the following rights in relation to how we use your personal information:
- Access: you may request access to your personal information and receive copies of it;
- Correction: you may have inaccurate/incomplete personal information corrected and updated;
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: you can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal information or to limit our use of it;
- Deletion: in certain circumstances, you can request a right "to be forgotten" (this is a right to have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted). We will honor such requests unless we have to retain this information to comply with a legal obligation or unless we have an overriding interest to retain it;
- Portability: in certain circumstances, exercise the right to data portability (this is a right to obtain a transferable version of your personal information to transfer to another provider); and
- Consent Management: where we rely on consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw consent at any time. You do not have to provide a reason for your withdrawal where processing is based on consent.
If you are a resident of the EEA and you wish to access, change or delete personal information we hold about you, you may contact us here. If we change or delete your personal information or if you decline to actively share certain personal information with us, we may not be able to provide you with our Services or some of the features and functionality of our Services. In addition, you may contact us here to request that we not disclose your personal information to third parties (other than those that are acting as our agent to perform tasks on our behalf, such as data processors). Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on the rights and freedoms of another person. For example, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore.
For your protection, we may require proof of identity and verification before we can answer the above requests.
Legal basis for processing data
In this section, we identify the legal grounds on which we rely to process personal information.
In some cases, we have a legitimate interest to process the personal information that we collect, such as to develop, administer and support our products and services; to operate, evaluate and improve our business; to facilitate and manage engagement programs; to promote research; to support our recruitment activities; or to facilitate a Corporate Transaction (including a sale of assets or merger or acquisition).
In other cases, we process personal information to fulfill our contracts with business partners, such as third parties that distribute our products.
It may be also necessary for us to process personal information to establish, exercise or defend against fraud, illegal activity, and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the Services we provide.
Our processing of certain information may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, and for reasons of public interest, such as with respect to adverse event and product safety reporting. We may also process personal information as specifically permitted by applicable legal requirements. If we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, we will seek such consent at the time we collect your personal information.
International data transfers
Specifically, we may transfer personal information from the European Economic Area to:
- Countries that the European Commissions has deemed to adequately safeguard personal information,
- Pursuant to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses (also known as Model Clauses), or Binding Corporate Rules,
- Pursuant to the consent of the individual to whom the personal information pertains, or
- As otherwise permitted by applicable EEA requirements.
8. Information for Residents of California: Your California Privacy Rights
Access to Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to send us a request, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, for any of the following for the period that is twelve months prior to the request date:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your personal information.
- The business or commercial purposes for our collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties to whom we have shared your personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- A list of the categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose in the prior 12 months, or that no disclosure occurred.
- A list of the categories of personal information sold about you in the prior 12 months, or that no sale occurred. If we sold your personal information, we will explain:
- The categories of your personal information we have sold.
- The categories of third parties to which we sold personal information, by categories of personal information sold for each third party.
You have the right to make or obtain a transportable copy, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, of your personal information that we have collected in the period that is 12 months prior to the request date and are maintaining.
Data Deletion Rights
Except to the extent we have a basis for retention under CCPA, you may request that we delete your personal information that we have collected directly from you and are maintaining. Note also that we are not required to delete your personal information that we did not collect directly from you.
Exercising Your Rights
To make a request for access, portability or deletion according to your rights under CCPA, click here or mail your request for the attention of the Privacy / Legal Department to iTranslate GmbH, 555 West 18th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10011. California Consumers may exercise these rights via an authorized agent who meets the agency requirements of the CCPA. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and residency verification process (“Verifiable Consumer Request”).
The Verifiable Consumer Request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Some personal information we maintain about Consumers is not sufficiently associated with enough personal information about the Consumer for us to be able to verify that it is a particular Consumer’s personal information (e.g., clickstream data tied only to a pseudonymous browser ID). As required by the CCPA, we do not include that personal information in response to Verifiable Consumer Requests. If we cannot comply with a request, we will explain the reasons in our response.
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to identify Consumer personal information that we collect, process, store, disclose, and otherwise use and to respond to your California Consumer privacy rights requests. We will typically not charge a fee to fully respond to your requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to act upon a request, if your request is excessive, repetitive, unfounded, or overly burdensome.
We do not “sell” personal information that we collect from you, in accordance with the definition of “sell” in the CCPA, and will treat personal information we collect from you as subject to a do not sell request. There is not yet a consensus as to whether third party cookies and tracking devices associated with our websites and mobile apps may constitute a “sale” of your personal information as defined by the CCPA.
We will not discriminate against you in a manner prohibited by the CCPA because you exercise your CCPA rights. However, we may charge a different price or rate, or offer a different level or quality of good or service, to the extent that doing so is reasonably related to the value of the applicable data. In addition, we may offer you financial incentives for the collection, sale and retention and use of your personal information as permitted by the CCPA that can, without limitation, result in reasonably different prices, rates, or quality levels. The material aspects of any financial incentive will be explained and described in its program terms. We may add or change incentive programs and/or their terms by posting notice on the program descriptions and terms linked to above so check them regularly.
California's "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. As discussed above, if we share Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes you will be able to elect for us not to do so by submitting your request here (please include your name, mailing address, and email address).
Notice of Financial Incentive
We may sometimes offer programs, benefits or other offerings to users related to the collection of their feedback on our products. This may be deemed a “financial incentive” under the CCPA. These offerings may involve collecting the following personal information from users who participate: device information, user feedback, reviews and preferences about our products. You can opt-in to such feedback programs by selecting and agreeing to an in-app pop-up notification that you may receive. We are providing you with this information so that you may make an informed decision on whether to participate in our feedback programs. For example, we occasionally ask users to join our Feedback Club and talk to our Feedback Club members to learn how we can improve our products. We may offer rewards (such as gift cards) to Feedback Club members who participate in online live conversations with us. Any email addresses provided to us by those users will be used solely for feedback purposes. You have the right to opt-out of the Feedback Club at any time by following the opt-out options in the emails you receive. By participating in this or any similar promotional programs, you agree that the benefits are reasonably related to the value of the personal information feedback collected from you.
9. Information for Residents of Mainland China
Principles of Collection
We only collect your information to the extent necessary to provide one or more of the Services, and will do so only by fair and reasonable means. The legal basis for collecting and using the information depends on what the information is and the context in which we collect it. During your use of some features, we will collect your personal information after obtaining your consent. Unless the provision of such information is required by applicable laws and regulations, refusing to provide such information will only result in your inability to use the related features, and will not affect your use of other features.
Sensitive Personal Information
We place great value on the protection of minors’ personal information. As required by applicable laws and regulations, any user under the age of 14 shall obtain the written consent of his/her parent or statutory guardian prior to providing sensitive personal information to us.
Information Shared with a Third Party
If we discontinue providing our Services, we will notify you of such change by sending a notification, posting an announcement, or other means, and delete or anonymize your sensitive personal information within a reasonable period. “Anonymization” refers to the irreversible erasure or removal of sensitive personal information that leads to the information owner being identified. Any anonymized information shall not be considered as personal information.
Your personal information collected from Mainland China will be stored in a location within Mainland China in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If it is necessary to change the location where your personal information is stored from Mainland China to another location outside Mainland China, the information transfer will be conducted in strict compliance with applicable laws.
Right to Delete Information
We will delete, and you have the right to request the deletion of, your personal information if:
- the purpose of processing such personal information has been achieved or is unable to be achieved, or the personal information is no longer necessary for achieving such purpose;
- we cease the provision of the Service, or the required information retention period has expired;
- relevant authorization or consent is withdrawn by you;
- the processing of personal information by us is in violation of any applicable law, regulations or agreement; or
- any other circumstances as provided by applicable laws or regulations.
If the information retention period prescribed by law has not expired, or it is technically difficult to delete the personal information, we will cease the processing of such personal information, except for storage and any necessary measure taken for security protection purpose.
10. Online Privacy Choices and Rights
Access, Edit and Delete Your Information.
Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as camera and microphone as well as push notifications. Where applicable, you can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
You can stop all information collection by the app by disabling call forwarding and deactivating your account by following the instructions on the Service’s Settings screen and then uninstalling the app using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you reinstall the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
If you choose to opt-in, some of our apps may collect your device’s precise real-time location. You may be able to opt out from further allowing us to have access to such location data by managing your location preferences in the app and/or on your device.
Notice to Nevada users
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may opt out of the “sale” of certain “covered information” (as defined under Nevada law) collected by operators of websites or online services. We currently do not sell covered information, as “sale” is defined by Nevada law, and we do not have plans to sell this information. However, if you would like to be notified if we decide in the future to sell personal information covered by the Act, please contact us here. You are responsible for updating any change in your email address by the same method and we are not obligated to cross-reference other emails you may have otherwise provided us for other purposes. We will maintain this information and contact you if our practices change.
Some of the service providers that we use to market our Services and show our ads on other websites and mobile applications may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance's ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising on the websites and mobile applications that you visit and use, including use of cross-device data for serving ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA's opt-out program specifically for mobile apps (including use of precise location for third party ads). Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
When you allow Notifications, we may send you offers, and promotions related to our products and features. You may opt-out of these through the Settings menu on your device.
11. Data Retention
12. How We Protect Personal Information
We use various efforts intended to safeguard the security and integrity of personal information collected through our Services. Despite these measures, however, we cannot and do not guarantee that information will be absolutely safe from interception or intrusion during transmission or while stored on our system, or otherwise, and you provide information to us at your own risk.
If you correspond with us by e-mail or using Web forms available through our Services, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure from access by unauthorized parties. We have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission. If you create an account as part of using our Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any activity that occurs under your account. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
If we believe that the security of your personal information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If we have your email address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us in your account profile. Please keep your email address in your account up to date. You can change that e-mail address anytime in your account profile. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your email account using your computer or mobile device and email application software. We may also post a conspicuous notice on our site or notify you through the mobile application. You consent to our use of email, text message and/or notification through the app as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the postal service to notify you in this situation, please let us know by submitting your request here. You can make this election any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request. You may also use this email address to request a print copy, at no charge, of an electronic notice we have sent to you regarding a compromise of your personal information.
13. Links to Websites and Third-Party Content
For your convenience and information, we may provide links to websites and other third-party content that is not owned or operated by us. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any entity that it does not own or control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such third parties before providing them with any personal information.
14. Information Relating to Children
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 years old (or older if required in an applicable jurisdiction to comply with applicable laws). If you are not over 16 years old (or older if required in an applicable jurisdiction to comply with applicable laws) then DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE SERVICES. If you believe that we may have personal information from or about a child under the age of 16 years old, please contact us here. Note that we'll attempt to delete the account of any child under the age of 16 that's reported to us as soon as possible. You are responsible for any and all account activity conducted by a minor on your account.
15. iTranslate API Services
iTranslate also offers a service to businesses by providing an iTranslate application programming interface (API) to companies. This allows companies to integrate iTranslate’s translation algorithms into its own products or services. Where iTranslate engages with businesses on this basis, then iTranslate will be a processor of any personal data it processes on behalf of the business (the controller). iTranslate does not store any text received from such businesses and ensures that appropriate Data Processing Agreements are in place with each business.
17. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or require support in relation to our products or services, our support team can be contacted by email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Typeright users can contact our support team by email here
OR you can contact us by post at:
- iTranslate GmbH
- Gadollaplatz 1
- 8010 Graz
- If you are located in Europe, please contact us here.
- If you are a resident of California, please contact us here.
Without prejudice to any other rights you may have, if you are located in the EEA, you also have the right to file a complaint against iTranslate with the Austrian Data Protection Commissioner ("DPC"), which is iTranslates Lead Supervisory Authority. The DPC’s contact details are:
- Österreichische Datenschutzbehörde
- Hohenstaufengasse 3
- 1010 Wien
- AUSTRIA / EUROPE
- Telephone: +43 1 531 15 / 202525
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Fax: +43 1 531 15 / 202690
If you live in the EEA, you may also file a complaint with your local data protection regulator.
©2023 iTranslate GmbH. ® All rights reserved.